ding at West Virginia Unive

Orice în afară de FIFA.

by panxing18 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:37 am

The Kansas City Chiefs will be without starting safety Daniel Sorensen for the start of the season after he had surgery to repair a broken shin bone and damage to his left knee.

Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder described the injury Saturday as a tibial plateau fracture Ken Crawley Jersey , which involves the upper part of the shin. Sorensen also damaged his medial collateral ligament and tore his meniscus when he was hurt during a special teams drill last week.

“One of the guys fell on his leg,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said.

The injury is similar to the one suffered by J.J. Watt last year, causing the Texans defensive end to miss the rest of the season. That may be Sorensen’s fate, too, but Burkholder said the Chiefs plan to wait six weeks before evaluating him again.

“He’ll be up here today starting his formal rehab with us,” Burkholder said.

Sorensen became an invaluable part of the Kansas City secondary when Eric Berry went down with a season-ending injury last year. He went on to start 14 of the 15 games he played, picking off a pass and piling up 88 tackles while assuming a leadership role in the Chiefs’ secondary.

Berry is back from his torn Achilles tendon John Lynch Jersey , and Sorensen was expected to start alongside him this season. Now, the race is on during the final three weeks of camp for a starting job, with rookie Armani Watts, Leon McQuay and Eric Murray among those who could slide into the role.

The Chiefs also announced that Dillon Gordon had been placed on injured reserve with a shoulder injury, and that fellow offensive lineman Alex Officer had been signed to take his place.

Running back Charcandrick West returned to the practice field Saturday after missing more than a week with a concussion, while linebacker Dee Ford left early with an illness.

Tanoh Kpassagnon and rookie Breeland Speaks split his first-team reps the rest of the way.

Bruce Irvin left West Virginia University in 2012. Six years later, he’s back. And he’s getting his degree.

Irvin explained to Tony Caridi Sony Michel Jersey , play-by-play announcer extraordinaire for West Virginia football and men’s basketball, the reasons for finishing what he started.

“Coming here, every athlete wants to go the NFL, that’s their dream,” Irvin said. “If they tell you it’s not, they’re probably lying to you. I was one of the few that was fortunate enough to be able to accomplish my dream and being drafted in the NFL in the first round. And don’t get me wrong, I do really well on my money Tony Gonzalez Jersey , so I didn’t have to get my degree.

“It was just something that I looked at like, it’s bigger than me. It’s for my son, it’s for my mom. This is for everybody who really did and didn’t believe in me. I look at it as I proved them . . .

Irvin stopped before saying that he proved them wrong, and quickly he flipped it around.

“I proved myself right.”

Irvin’s journey included getting a GED, going to junior college, and landing at West Virginia University. And he decided to cap that journey by participating in the commencement ceremony this weekend.

“I was kind of hesitant,” Irvin said. “My Raider people Chris Conte Jersey , they kind of convinced me. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Being where I came from . . . I didn’t think walking across a college stage would ever happen. I just looked at the situation like I definitely deserve to walk, and [get] another chance to come back home. I consider this place home. You know the love I have for this state.”

Irvin spent his first four years with the Seahawks, winning Super Bowl XLVIII and participating in Super Bowl XLIX. He joined the Raiders in 2015, becoming the team’s Walter Payton Man of the Year Award winner in 2017.

In West Virginia, he’ll always be remembered as one thing and one thing only: A Mountaineer.
Authentic Womens Sebastian Janikowski Jersey
panxing18
Incepator

Return to Jocuri